Re: Extreme Garages - hell any garage

To: "Steve Budde" <super_racenut@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Extreme Garages - hell any garage
From: epetrevich@relavis.com
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 15:24:15 -0400
Steve, your email is an inspiration.  True passion for motors!!

My one question, are you not allowed to fix your cars on the street?  (I'm
assuming you are parked legally?)

I never lived in the city (I do work in NYC sometimes) and I don't know how
this is handled.  I had a flat front on my motorcycle once that I fixed on
the sidewalk in NYC, but no cops stopped by to even check out what was
going on.

(Maybe on PD with cops that have cool ATV's are the only ones that care
about mc/s!) 8>)

I did have a buddy who owed a house in a "contract community" (what I call
it).  His house was part of a "homeowners association" that provided
NOTHING to the owners except a bunch of rules.  (i.e., no clothes lines,
not trailers, no RV's, etc)
We were fixing the rear end of his Satellite (a totally bitchen car) when
we needed to leave the car overnight to wait for the auto parts store to
open.  The car was in his driveway by his garage door.  He got a "citation"
for having an "obviously disabled vehicle" overnight on his property.  We
both almost pee'ed ourselves when we saw that they were serious.  He
refused to pay.  They took him to court (and he had to pay) the fine.  The
day after the court order, he put his house on the market and moved!

Inch

                    "Steve Budde"

                    <super_racenut@hotma        To:
shop-talk@autox.team.net
                    il.com>                     cc:

                    Sent by:                    Subject:     Re: Extreme
Garages - hell any garage
                    shop-talk-owner@auto

                    x.team.net

                    10/10/2001 02:51 PM

                    Please respond to

                    "Steve Budde"

I must admit that I'm jealous of you folks with big garages.  Loft office
in
the garage (Inch) is an especially nice fantasy.  Hell I'm jealous of any
garage, as I live in an apartment and the building has no garage.  Never
has, as far as we know.  I do all of my tinkering in the basement shop,
which can make some really nice muffled sounds all the way up to the second
floor :^).  All work on my cars, including the autox'r is done on the
street.  My greatest problem is the Chicago PD coming by in the middle of a
project and having nothing else to do but bug me!!  Brake changes are
usually ok, shocks you can sneak, but the front spring change with half the
suspension missing was difficult to expain as emergency maintence.  Luckily
this particular officer was a gearhead himself and wondered why he never
picked me up for speeding when he saw what was under the hood!!!  You guys
should consider yourself lucky.

Steve (drooling on keyboard thinking about garages) Budde
mailto:super_racenut@hotmail.com
NSSCC #48 AutoX EM
IGBA #100
9C1# 1984-1