Re: Extreme Garages - hell any garage

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Extreme Garages - hell any garage
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 15:23:06 -0400
Back in my youth (maybe 1962), I changed out the whole exhaust system on
an old Triumph TR-2 by tipping the car up on its side on a sloped grassy
lawn and holding it there with boards while I worked on it. All it took
was 4 guys with more enthusiasm than brains and two 6 packs of beer (one
for putting it up and one going back down). The car is long gone, but
the memories it provided still remain (and somehow I survived that and
other stupid stunts!).

Mike

Steve Budde wrote:

> I must admit that I'm jealous of you folks with big garages.  Loft office in
> the garage (Inch) is an especially nice fantasy.  Hell I'm jealous of any
> garage, as I live in an apartment and the building has no garage.  Never
> has, as far as we know.  I do all of my tinkering in the basement shop,
> which can make some really nice muffled sounds all the way up to the second
> floor :^).  All work on my cars, including the autox'r is done on the
> street.  My greatest problem is the Chicago PD coming by in the middle of a
> project and having nothing else to do but bug me!!  Brake changes are
> usually ok, shocks you can sneak, but the front spring change with half the
> suspension missing was difficult to expain as emergency maintence.  Luckily
> this particular officer was a gearhead himself and wondered why he never
> picked me up for speeding when he saw what was under the hood!!!  You guys
> should consider yourself lucky.
>
> Steve (drooling on keyboard thinking about garages) Budde
> mailto:super_racenut@hotmail.com
> NSSCC #48 AutoX EM
> IGBA #100
> 9C1# 1984-1

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
(msloane@att.net)
<http://home.att.net/~msloane>
<http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=204428>

"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve
the quality of life, please press 3." --Alice Kahn

///