RE: Three phase power connections (was Re: 208v Air

To: "Donald H Locker" <dhl@chelseamsl.com>, <hoerni@cooper.edu>
Subject: RE: Three phase power connections (was Re: 208v Air
From: "Flemming Larsen" <flarsen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 02:05:10 -0700
Sorry, but in a three-phase system, the neutral is ALWAYS in the
center.

Delta or wye, same thing, only the voltages are different.

Yes, in a single-phase system, neutral is in-between A and B, but
a single-phase, three-wire system is nothing like a three-phase,
four-wire, or five-wire (with ground), system.

If you don't know what you are doing, hire someone who is certified
and licensed!

-- Flemming Larsen

Very confusing and possibly incorrect explanations and ASCII diagrams
deleted for safety reasons!

> Actually, you can put the neutral anywhere you want; for convenience,
> it is usually placed between the A and B phases, though other
> connections are possible (and are used.)
>
> OK, I'll see your ASCII art and raise you one :)

///