Re: OK, here is what my 208v really is:

To: "Kim Knapp" <kimknapp@vail.net>, "Shop" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OK, here is what my 208v really is:
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 04:40:10 -0500
Kim.... I have three phase power in a small concrete plant and it really is
the cheapest power availible once you get it paid for.....   I only use it
on the batch plant.... the air compressors ( two of them ) and the Vibrators
use 220v .... after 5 yrs I have lost several compressor heads.... but none
of the electrical motors.... I think your fine....electrically....

Your statement about rare air due to Altitude got me to thinking bout Pully
sizes...  Since the air is less dense the compressor  has to work longer to
create the same amount of air pressure....  and since this really is about
how many pounds  are in the tank over a given amount of run time...  Could
you use a differnt pulley size to come up with a normal run time without
increasing the designed load on it?

Just an off the wall question....