Re: ?Auto Factory Tours?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ?Auto Factory Tours?
From: Richard Welty <rwelty@suespammers.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 16:17:43 -0400
On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 16:13:35 -0400, epetrevich@relavis.com wrote:
>I've heard of a program by BMW,where they fly you over to the factory and
>give you a tour.  you spend a week or so there then they fly you back home
>and ship your new BMW home to you.  (of course you have to buy a new car
>from them) 8>)

>I've never done it, but I heard about the program.

most of the euro manufacturers have a program like that. it's what my
family was doing over there in 1977. it was just before benz prices
got outrageous; in 77, you could buy a benz for euro delivery, pick it
up, drive it around for a short vacation, and ship it back to the US
as a used car paying used car duty. the money saved on euro delivery
and reduced duty was enough to pay for the plane tickets for a family
of 5.

my parents sold that 1977 300D to my wife and i about 5 years ago;
we're still driving it today. got to put new rotors, pads and bearings
in the front this weekend...

cheers,
  richard

///