Re: Compound miter saw size question

To: Noemi Berry Doudna <noemi@nebcom.com>
Subject: Re: Compound miter saw size question
From: Susan and Mark Miller <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:03:25 -0700
Noemi Berry Doudna wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to get a sliding compound miter saw, for a variety
> of projects (both real and imagined) -- anywhere from attempting
> window/door trim, cutting shelves, basic woodworking/furniture
> making, building a lumber rack, etc.  (I'm a complete amateur.)
>
> Here's my question: Is there any *dis*advantage to a 12" over a 10"
> compound miter saw?

No real disadvantage except for its size.  There isn't much difference in using
either one, only lugging them and finding a home for them in your shop.  I have
12" non-sliding one and would prefer the added width handling of a slider.

If the money and size aren't a concern definitely go for the bigger one.

enjoy,
Mark Miller

///