Re: CB Radios.

To: Tim.Mullen@trw.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CB Radios.
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 10:15:11 EST
In a message dated 11/8/01 2:29:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Tim.Mullen@trw.com writes:

> By the way, from other lists where people in car clubs communicate via CB,
> the
> hand held "walkie-talkies" are not worth the bother - especially in the
> environment
> of a car...

- - - - - - - - - - -

I mentioned walkie-talkies because they don't require installation, and
because the original poster mentioned a tour in an Austin Healey.  To me, a
tour in a Healey means hood-down, so a walkie-talkie would be fine.  In a
closed car, you are right, they don't work.  Some models do mave an external
antenna jack, and would probably work well with a magnetic mount antenna on
the boot.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget