Re: CB radios

To: Shop talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: CB radios
From: bn1@pacbell.net
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 19:49:09 -0800
Thanks for all the responses.  I will check out a couple of models
this weekend.  (BTW I converted to Neg. ground years ago.  A converter
puts out a high pitch squeal I couldn't live with.)

 My Healey is very loud at speed and topless making an aux. speaker
necessary.  On another Healey I made a bracket for a quick release
antenna mount on the bumper bracket.  When removed, the bumper hid
it.  I used a 5' fiberglass antenna.

Several listers have already stated most of the reasons I want an
archaic CB.  With a cell phone you can only talk to people you know,
that's not much fun.  I've found that when you blow by a trucker and
they see the antenna, most want to talk to you.  What kind of car?
What year? etc.  And they are an excellent back up to the radar
detector, not that I speed mind you ;-)

Bill Barnett

///