RE: Rust stain removal

To: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@Prodigy.Net>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Rust stain removal
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 17:17:59 -0800
>Now the issue is, where do you get it here in the US.  Can I make a trip
>to the hardware store and expect to find it?

   Good question, I assume you can find it at most well stocked hardware
stores.  But any good Chandlery worth its weight in anchors will have more
Oxalic Acid than you can use in a lifetime.  If you are not near water or
any harbors a Chandlery might be hard to find but the fact that it is so
commonly available in marine stores implies it is not on some "bad list"
and should be available elsewhere.

  On boats it is used for cleaning Teak and bleaching wood so maybe a
woodworking/cabinetmaker place would have it.  Yes, it is also used to
clean rust off of boat parts.

    mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/