Re: project insurance

To: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: project insurance
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 18:36:12 -0600
I used my State Farm policy as well.... BUT and it's a BIG BUTT....

State Farms policy's in general left a lot to be desired long term... and
as a contractor I absolutely Won't do a State Farm Claim as they simply
don't provide adequate funds to repair damage...   Trust me on this one...
Check out Your Home owners and Car policy's and read the fine print....
they will stick Junk Parts on your car and guarantee them for life... but
they are still JUNK parts and when they go bad you have the hassle of
trying to get them replaced by submitting MORE paper work....

As for you house.... I owned a roofing company for a couple of years and
Guess who was the WORST to deal with?  oh and when we had a Hurricane....
Guess again Who's policy holders got their work done LAST after all the
Good Job's were gone?  State Farm became the company that HAD my
policy's.... they are Now the other guy.... took me 20yrs but I learned....

Keith Turk ( http://downtown.ala.net )

----------
> From: Tim Mullen <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
> To: shop-talk@autox.team.net; jniolon@WANS.NET
> Subject: Re: project insurance
> Date: Thursday, December 13, 2001 5:42 PM
>

> I'ts been many years, but I remember that my Elan was insured while
> "dis-assempled".  I don't remember if it was via the home owner's, of
> if we had a policy out on the car.  In either case, it was with State
> Farm.  But I was kind of concerned, and found out (asked my wife,
> who handles such matters) that it was insured (she made sure since
> like, you, I had a lot into the project).

> I just got my homeowners policy premium notice and it got me wondering...
 is
> my '53 F-100 project truck covered ???  a call to my agent confirmed my
worst
> fears..  Homeowners does not cover my "project"  since it's a vehicle..
and
> you can't get a vehicle policy on a non operational stack of parts...
it's
> <...>

Time ///

///