Re: Inflatable Spare:

To: Steven Trovato <trovato@computer.net>
Subject: Re: Inflatable Spare:
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 00:49:40 -0600
I posted the same question on January 25 to the MG Enthusiasts site.  I
have two answers.

<<<snip>>>
I use a "compact" spare from a Saab 900.
<<<snip>>>

<<<snip>>>
The datsun 280ZX used a inflatable spare that dosn't take up much room
and will fit MGA or B hubs.It a 155x15.
<<<snip>>>

Both of these reflect using the rim from the donor car.  I can't do that
with an MGA twin cam.  It doesn't have lug nuts or splines like wire
wheels.  The rim has four pins which locate in holes in the hub and the
whole shebang is held on with a spinner.  It's the same setup used on C
& D Jags.

Blake