Re: Brake Cleaner vs. Carb Cleaner

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Cleaner vs. Carb Cleaner
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 05:48:17 -0500
According to an engineer friend whose company makes automotive products, there
is no difference between carb and brake cleaners from the same manufacturers.
But there are differences in contents among different brands. He didn't tell me
which were best. I tend to use the ones that I can use inside the shop - some
of
them stink so bad that they have to be used outside.

Mike

Richard Beels wrote:

> Out of both so I was at Wally World and noticed that there's no Wally World
> private label brake cleaner.  Only carb cleaner.  Since I hate paying $1.78
> for a can of Prestone or some other "name" when the Wally World stuff is
> 1/2 the price, I bought a case of carb cleaner.
>
> What's in brake cleaner that would want me to use it specifically, instead
> of carb cleaner, for brake cleaner stuff?
>
> Cheers!

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
(msloane@att.net)
<http://www.geocities.com/mikesloane>

"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve
the quality of life, please press 3." --Alice Kahn