Re: compressed air system components

To: mikey@b2systems.com
Subject: Re: compressed air system components
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:52:52 -0500 (EST)
Hi, Mike.

That "Every time the compressor shuts off, its blows off some air and
sprays water on the tank" thingy is not really an auto drain, it's
called an unloader.  It relieves the pressure between the compressor
pump and the receiver (tank) so the compressor motor doesn't have to
start against a pressurised system.  (Which it wouldn't probably be
able to do.)

HTH,
Donald.