RE: shop lighting

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: shop lighting
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:13:12 -0600
Sorry for the LONG delay in responding back to the responses to my
question about lighting.  I posted the note just before our first race of
the season and once the packing frenzy starts nothing else gets in the
way!!

I got a lot of good information and really appreciate it.  I forgot to
mention that we will be painting the ceiling white and the walls a light
gray.  Also, most everyone seemed to think we should ditch the 8'
lights and go with 4' lights.  That will require a bunch of extra wiring
but fortunately the ceiling above is open and not insulted (yet) so if I'm
going to change this would be the best time.

Jack mentioned something about Daylight bulbs.  I'll have to check into
those and see whats up there.  (no pun intended!).

I do like the idea of being able to buy cheaper bulbs.  Hopefully they
will last longer than the 8 footers do.  I wonder though whether there
would be more maintenance required do to the increase in number of
bulbs?

Thanks for all the great tips!

Brad

PS, unfortunately most of our cars do NOT move so it is possible they
will be painted gray...!!