Tornado air twister

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Tornado air twister
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:18:45 EST
A guy at work is asking me about buying a Tornado air twister for the intake
of his Dodge Shadow.  He watched the infomercial and they claim that it
twists the air in the intake so it can go into the engine faster, thus
improving gas mileage and giving you more power.  It looks like a fan, and
has no power to it.  The fan turns by the air moving over it.

It sounds like a scam to me.  How do you get more power AND better gas
mileage?  (Other than doing a tuneup.)  Plus, after a quick web search, I
found that everybody who liked the thing, also replaced their air filter with
a K&N at the same time as installing the Tornado.

Any comments from anyone who has seen this thing?  I hate to see people
wasting money.

TIA,

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward