Re: Drill Press Run-out

To: <LRuggi2635@aol.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Drill Press Run-out
From: "John Viviani" <geeno@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 20:10:49 -0400
We laughed at this one today at work. (Restoration shop with brake
rebuilding service, we have a complete machine shop, with many knowledgeable
machinists, also a complete wood working shop, with woodsmen with decades of
experince) 10 thou or so on a Craftsman drill press, heck just about any
inexpensive drill press seems more than reasonable. If you need to make more
precise holes that is why god made mills. Drill presses are made to make
holes, Mills are made to make precise things including holes.

The return idea howeer normally will work at Sears. You might be pushed to
to find a better press. Keep in mind you will have to assemble the one you
buy before you can measure. Last table saw I got there the blade was 14
degress off vertical and 8 degress off square to the table, no problem in
returning, but that is a problem.

Gino
2003 Mini Cooper S(July delivery)-01 Dodge Ram Sherrod Conversion Van-96
Miata(for sale)-95 Wrangler-79 LiL Red Truck(for sale)-62 Chrysler Newport
(19K org miles)- ?? Lotus 7 Replica