RE: cleaning plastic window

To: Aubrey Schneider <aschneider@shaw.ca>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: cleaning plastic window
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:27:47 -0700
Aubrey :

Unfortunately, you may have ruined your windows beyond repair.  Petroleum
products like WD40 are not good for clear plastics at all.

As Tim suggested, start by trying one of the products that is specifically
made for clear plastics.  I've used Meguiars, I've heard Novus is better.

If that doesn't work, you can try rubbing them out with body polishing
compound followed by Meguiars or Novus.

Randall