Re: Blast cabinets

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Blast cabinets
From: Bruce Thompson <bandst@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 07:48:40 +1200
Guys,

I have a small locally (NZ) made blast cabinet, and it has a small flouro light
(like those mechanics lead lights) in the top of the cabinet and that works
pretty
well. In fact just about any cheap lead light lead do.
As for the dust/abrasive collection, I hook up a shop (the house) vac to a
water filter
and collect it that way. It is just a 20 litre (5 gall) plastic pail, about 3/4
full
with water, and works like a bong. There is a built in swirl/vortex via ribs on
the
inside of the pail. This works real well in keeping the work visible, and
cutting the
airborne debris to an absolute minimum.
I made a stand for my bench top blaster out of 2" x 2" timber, and put some
casters on it
so it's very easy to shift around the shop. Underneath is where I have the
filter pail,
and store the abrasive.

HTH
Bruce.