Re: Ford van brake troubles

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ford van brake troubles
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@bayarea.net>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 20:46:04 -0700
Just a thanks to everyone who offered help. I managed to find 4 of the
correct rims in a junkyard. Wheels and brakes are doing fine now. However
the throttle stuck open 1/2 way while driving in town, overheated the engine,
and burst the radiator. There is also excessive blowby in one cylinder,
maybe more, enough that when I accelerate the engine, large amounts
of oil seep past the gaskets and onto the exhaust. I am a rolling superfund
site. When my fingers grow back from the last attempt at spark plug access,
I'll do a compression test.

jim