Mystery fastener

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mystery fastener
From: <ken.landaiche@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 09:19:52 -0700
I'm attempting to restore a pair of speakers and trying to find a mystery
screw. It appears to be a 1/5" #12 wood screw with a double thread (that's the
mystery part). Threads start near the head at 180 degrees apart and wind down
the shank. It makes a very tight thread spacing. Have any of you seen such a
screw? And what is that double thread officially called? The counter men at my
first two hardware stores thought I was a little crazy, even with the old rusty
screw in hand.

Thanks,

Ken