Re: Media Blasting

To: Malaboge@aol.com
Subject: Re: Media Blasting
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 21:51:20 -0400
At 07:26 PM 5/28/02 -0400, Malaboge@aol.com wrote:

>... Sooo, I order up some new "virgin aluminum oxide". The bag I received
had
>a name like "Aldular" or some such name that sorta implied that it might be
>aluminum oxide of some type. When I poured it in the cabinet I noted that it
>is BLACK. Not white, off-white, grey or even light black, but very black.
For
>various and sundry reasons (mostly my own health)I don't want to use
anything
>else, Esp silica of some sort. Has anyone ever seen (or even heard of)black
>virgin aluminum oxide?
>If not, what do I have here?

Nick,

  I'm not expert, nor can I say for sure what you have.  However, I have heard
and seen BLACK blasting media.  I've heard of something called black blast, or
star blast.  My understanding is that these are Black in color, and I thing
they are both ALOX.

  I know the stuff in my dad's cabinet is black and is supposedly ALOX.

Hope this helps,

John

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan