RE: Media Blasting

To: <Malaboge@aol.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Media Blasting
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 21:49:26 -0700
> When I poured it in the cabinet I noted that it is
> BLACK. Not white, off-white, grey or even light black, but very
> black. For various and sundry reasons (mostly my own health)I
> don't want to use anything else, Esp silica of some sort. Has
> anyone ever seen (or even heard of)black virgin aluminum oxide?
> If not, what do I have here?

My guess, based only a little web searching just now, would be that it's
silicon carbide.  Might be boron carbide.

Get the correct name off the bag (no matches for aldular), then enter it as
the search pattern at
http://www.google.com/

Odds are very good you'll find more than you ever wanted to know <g>

Randall