Re: moving a (heavy) mill

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: moving a (heavy) mill
From: Don Tiana <dstiana@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:45:17 -0700
Scott,

We've moved our shop a couple of times and we've always had to use
heavy machinery movers. They come out with a fork lift and a low boy
(Semi-trailer made for very heavy loads). They do this stuff all the time
and are usually pretty fast and efficient, I'd call around to some places
in your area that sells used machinery and ask them who's reasonable.
Regarding your driveway, it depends on the thickness of the slab and
if the original builder bothered to put steel in it. If it's a regular
concrete
drive in a track home setting, I'd be very careful about distributing the
load as much as possible.

Don Tiana
Topanga Cyn., CA.
dstiana@juno.com