Re: moving a (heavy) mill

To: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Subject: Re: moving a (heavy) mill
From: dms@scheidt.chem.nd.edu
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:50:31 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Scott Hall wrote:

> so, somebody please tell me they've done something like this before and
> know just how to make it go down.  until now, I'd been worrying about
> having enough power to run it and considering whether it might crack the
> slab in my garage.  now I'm not sure how to get it there.

there are machinery moving companies.  they have neat things like cranes,
big forklifts and big  flatbed trucks.  I don't  have any experience with
them, other than having seen their trucks and watched them work a couple
times.  There's one fairly near where I am that I can see from the toll road
(Their east of Elkhart IN a bit; I can find out the name if that is at all
where you are.) when I drive by.

David