RE: opening up a cement block wall

To: kevins@khoral.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: opening up a cement block wall
From: jmark.vanscoter@amd.com
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 13:00:35 -0500
Because the bond between the blocks and the mortar is typically so poor, even
if you just drove the Power Wagon through the wall, probably half of the blocks
would be salvageable.

To be safe, I would probably put a masonry cutting wheel in the 4.5" grinder
and cut fairly deep lines in the mortar. Then, drive in a chisel or use a pry
bar to pry apart the blocks. It has worked in the past for me.

Mark V.S. in Austin, TX  Home of Lance Armstrong