Re: welder & glasses

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>, "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>,
Subject: Re: welder & glasses
From: Steve Shipley <shiples@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 19:02:49 -0700
At 07:48 PM 8/7/2002 -0500, Phil Ethier wrote:

> > What are the rest of you bifocal wearing guys doing?
>
>I suggest you see your eye doctor and tell him you need glasses just a bit
>longer than reading glasses.  Don't be afraid to pantomime the kind of work
>you do.  Then get safety glasses made up all in that grind, single-vision.
>You will wonder how you ever got by without them.

I'm doing something similar to Phil but with contact lenses.  I have a distance
set that I augment with reading glasses and a close set that I can use for
everyday use.  I have found that I use the distance set for road trips.  The
close set doesn't allow me to tell whether its a Peterbuilt or a Kenworth but
all I'm trying to do is steer around 'em, not read the fine print on a
billboard.

Steve Shipley