RE: Line trimmer (no car stuff at all)

To: <lotus.tony@airmail.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Line trimmer (no car stuff at all)
From: "Mullen, Tim" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:08:53 -0400
Elton Clark [mailto:lotus.tony@airmail.net] wrote:

> WHAT HAPPENS TO THE FORTY-BILLION POUNDS OF TREAD RUBBER WORN
> OFF TIRES EACH YEAR???   <...>

Well actually, since tires are (usually) spinning in a vertical
plane and the rubber tends to be more dense than the plastic
trimmer line, the particles don't make it all the way to the
18th dimension.

Tire particles usually only get to the 10th or 11th dimension,
but it's highly dependent on the vehicle's speed and the tire
pressures involved (and tire brand), not to mention the
gravitational pull of the moon (it affects the gravitational
forces).

Since sports and race cars tend to do a lot of cornering at high
speeds, the forces on their tires tend to be somewhere between
the vertical and horizontal planes - those particles have been
known to make it to the 12th and 13th dimensions.  There have
even been reports that some F1 rubber has made it the 15th, but
that's unconfirmed.

> what if the vaporized particles of rubber have been whirled
> off into some nether region of space where, even now, they are
> congealing into this trillion ton HOCKEY-PUCK the size of Russia
> which is poised ready to WHOMP DOWN on North America and SKWOOSH
> US LIKE BUGS!

That all depends on the if the 10th thru 13th dimension are
entering (or leaving) an ice age.  But it could be a big problem
if reverse burn-outs became popular with the youths of today.
Of course, if the oval racers ever decide to make right hand
turns, it could be the end of civilization as we know it...

There are rumors that one of the big tire companies is using
recycled rubber in their tires, but they refuse to divulge the
source of their rubber...

Tim "warped mind" Mullen  8-)