Re: Lawn Sprinkler System

To: "Bob Nogueira" <nogera@Prodigy.Net>
Subject: Re: Lawn Sprinkler System
From: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 07:59:15 +0100
At 10:39 25/08/02 -0500, you wrote:

>Can anyone recommend a good book on designing a underground lawn sprinkler
>system? I'm not interested in how to glue pipe or dig a hole ( I got that
down
>pat) but in the engineering of it for even distribution of the water.
>Bob Nogueira

Try "Turf Irrigation Manual" by James A Watkins (previous Director of
Training for Weather-matic) ISBN 74-31280. It doesn't leave many stones
unturned...

My copy is a 1990 5th printing, it may have been revised since, but you'll
find more than you can want in it for irrigating your lawn. When you've
finished you'll be looking to build a golf course so you can irrigate it.

Someone else mentioned flexible pipe (MDPE or HPPE in UK, don't know what
you call it in US) but it's worth considering. Mainly because it comes in
rolls and cuts down on the number of joints and goes round corners better.
As well as compression fittings you can use electrofusion joints so that
can give you a whole new world of essential tools and skills to investigate!

Good luck,

Nick Brearley