Re: compressors at the track

To: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Subject: Re: compressors at the track
From: dms@scheidt.chem.nd.edu
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:18:47 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Rush wrote:

> There was a company selling portable _liquid_ nitrogen tanks for the
> purpose of providing onsite compressed gas. Supposed to have hours and
> hours of air wrench capacity. I can't find the website right now, but a
> little searching should hunt them out.

There are people that use liquid C02 to run air tools and such like.  Liquid
CO2 provides about 8 cubic foot per liquid pound, so a 20lb tank (about
6-8" diamter and 3' tall, the size you see at bars and restraunts is only
160 scf.  A 50 lb tank, the bi ggest commonly available, is only 400 cf.
Liquid nitorgen is more effecient, but not by much, more exxpensive, harder
to get, and not maintance free.