Air compressor recommendations

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air compressor recommendations
From: "Aric Datesman" <adatesman@speakeasy.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 12:52:03 -0400
Greetings all,

I'm sure this has come up repeatedly here and apologize for possibly
thrashing a dead horse, but seeing as I've been unable to find archives to
search through here it goes.

We just bought an old house and while we're redoing everything else I
thought we might as well get the steam radiators blasted and primed.  Seems
it will cost $500 to have them done or $300 to rent the equipment and do it
myself.  Seeing that $300 will cover the cost of buying a (supposedly) 5hp
compressor down at Lowes or Homer's, why rent?

So what's good and what's to be avoided?  I think I have the wife talked
into the idea and need to act fast to before she changes her mind.

Kindly reply direct to me (as well as the list, if you like) as although
I've subscribed to the list, I've only seen one message go through in the
past 2 days.

Thanks!

-aric.