Fuel injector help needed

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel injector help needed
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 09:42:53 EDT
HELP!!!  I have a Mitsubishi Expo with the 1.8L engine.  The car was missing
every once in a while and I knew it was fine as far as ignition so I figured
I had a faulty fuel injector.

I ordered rebuilt Bosch injectors and installed them about a month ago, and
the problem went away for a while.  Now it's back and it is just as bad.

Cyl. #2 injector is not clicking.  (I have a stethoscope.)  I swapped #2 and
#3 injectors and #2 is still not clicking.  It is apparently not the
injector.  I cleaned the connector on the injector but no joy.  What is my
next step?  Does this mean my ECU is shot?  He77, the car only has 183,000
miles on it!

TIA,

Allen Hefner
Philadelphia Region SCCA RoadRally Steward
'77 MG Midget
'75 MG Midget (The Project)
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport