RE: General building question

To: Conrad <conrad@conrad.uk.net>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: General building question
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:43:30 -0500
conrad...

here in the US  large hardware and home stores carry the hardware and it
isn't that expensive... also Northern hydraulics and others carry it...
bet if you look around you can find it catalog purchase...

john

Yes I have but the gear is so expensive and difficult to diy as far as I
can see. I can do the swinging door thing pretty securely for not much
more than the cost of some angle and ply (ok, hinges, bolts etc but you
get the idea). I've priced up the sliding stuff from people like
henderson and its several hundred gbps. I've not been able to find any
used stuff, although I found a used roller door about the right size for
700!

As with all my projects it comes down to what can I do such that I get a
good result for little money.

" I have never completely understood anything ! "