Cars & titles

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Cars & titles
From: Don Tiana <dstiana@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 23:52:59 -0800
I have an interesting situation developing here and I'd appreciate some
advice, please.
As a favor, I took on the responsibility of selling a car located here in
California for the owner in Florida. Now here's what I'm concerned
about; The car owner doesn't want to just turn over the title to me, they
want me to find an escrow type business for cars that would hold the
title and payment and deliver each to the appropriate parties when the
deal is finalized. My question is: is this the norm anywhere, because
I've never heard of it before and if it is done can anyone recommend
a company in Los Angeles (Calabasas) area that does it. TIA.

Don Tiana
Topanga Cyn., CA.
818.591.3008
dstiana@juno.com
Still searching for that  H-Mod Lotus Eleven #109