Re: Tools Brands

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tools Brands
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 22:24:01 -0800
> brands of things depending on the use.  Craftsman rachets are crap
> now-a-days and they move to far before they click so I bought Facom
> rachets.  Best damn money I spent in my tool box.  They are great.

I've got some Facom stuff, like it well enough, except the torque wrench
has no ft/lb markings...gotta love the French.

When Blue Point stuff shows up on eBay it usually does not draw the premium
that some bidders put on Snap-On, ergo I've managed to fill out a fair set
of Blue Point combination wrenches.

Craftsman sets also seem to show up on eBay cheap, as if some sellers have
a key to the local Sears warehouse.

When OSH was bought by Sears they dumped most of their Allen tools fairly
cheap, they're nice stuff, wish I'd bought more.

I've got a bunch of forty-year-old Proto, Challenger, etc. stuff, it was
nice stuff then, Proto is now another Stanley brand e.g. Mac.

John.