pilings vrs block foundations

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: pilings vrs block foundations
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:40:17 -0600
A friend is planning on building a summer house at the beach and that area
is zoned for houses on elevated pilings... we were wondering what the
comparison  cost would be between pilings and block foundation ???

this is in L.A.    (lower Alabama)  for cost estimation...

here's what we know about pilings...

A 10" x 10" piling sunk 10 feet deep is $75. The same piling sunk 15 feet
deep is $125. So if I need, say 30 piles sunk 15 feet, the cost would be 30
x $125 PLUS the cost of the material. I have no idea how that compres to
regular foundation costs. Also my figures are 5 or 6 years old and I
imaging the costs have gone up some.

john

I've never completely understood anything !!!