Re: Small welding tank kits

To: Eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: Small welding tank kits
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:56:47 -0500
I had a similar set up once for about a week a LOT of years ago..  When I went
to the welding supply store, they quickly talked me in to a B bottle for
acetylene because they always had it in stock and the cost per fill was more
economical.  For a while, I stayed with the small O2 tank because they did stock
that size; eventually I went one size up.  I still have that configuration with
two equal sized tanks, bigger than the ones in the kit you described, and it's
still portable enough to take most anywhere.  The only issue I have had is that
if I'm doing a lot of cutting, my need for O2 occurs before the Acetylene runs
out.  NBD.

Jim