RE: Paint sprayer recommendation

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Paint sprayer recommendation
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 06:44:09 -0500
The Wagner electric sprayers have gotten better.  Big time better!

I repainted my house last year.  A four story project.  About 2/3
through it I accidently ran over my older Wagner with the mower,
thoroughly destroying it.

I tried continuing with my Binks pneumatic sprayer, but that didn't go
well at all.  To say latex paints don't work well in a pneumatic gun is
an understatement.  It required cleaning every 15-30 seconds.

After quite a bit of hemming and hawing, I spent the bucks for the top
of the line $100 Wagner unit (available at Walmart btw).  After using
it, I've no regrets.  It's far more powerful then the older one was.
Switching between oil primer and latex paint was no problem.  Latex
paint can be applied unthinned!  Two speed toggle for cutting in around
windows.  The unit also easily sucks latex paint out of the backpack or
out of the paint can.  Spray pattern and atomization is good also.

From: ext Randall Young [mailto:ryoung@navcomtech.com]

Hi all :

Having neglected my home far too long, and being a neophyte at
painting, I'm
looking for some recommendations on paint sprayers.  I'd like something
that
will handle fairly thick latex paint, with a minimum of hassle.  Tried
one
of those hand=held buzzy things many years ago, it shortly went in the
trash.  Have they gotten any better ?