RE: Harbor Freight prices.

To: "'Shop talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Harbor Freight prices.
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:05:28 -0800
> How good are the insiders track prices?

Not worth the cost of joining, IMO.  Many times it's just 'sale' prices on
things that will be on sale to everyone at a different time; sometimes
there's an extra 10% or so off of the usual 'sale' price.  I originally
joined because the powder coating kit was $15 off to ITC members; by the
time I got my first flyer it was the same price to everyone.  Needless to
say, I did not renew my membership.

>  Do they ask for your insider
> track club number or card when you bring in the flyer.  If not, couldn't
> several of us could walk in with the same flyer??

They didn't ask me for any sort of ID, beyond having the flyer in my hand,
and I don't think they even looked at the flyer for my ID number.  I didn't
try handing it to the fellow in line behind me, but I got the impression the
clerk wouldn't have cared.

Randall