Re: Headligght Adjustment

To: Bob Nogueira <nogera@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Headligght Adjustment
From: Jimmie Mayfield <mayfield+shoptalk@sackheads.org>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 19:11:25 -0500
On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 05:07:17PM -0600, Bob Nogueira wrote:

> In my youth we had a formula for adjusting the headlights on a car ( I think
> it was actually part of the DMV drivers license test).  It was something
> like the beam had to drop 2 inches at 25 feet and
> the left light had to be so many inches from the centerline.
> Anyone  remember the formula?  ( or remember your Dad telling you the
> formula :)

According to the Hayne's repair manual for my Honda Passport:

"Starting with the low beam adjustment, position the high intensity zone so
it is two inches below the horizontal line and two inches to the right of the
headlight vertical line...With the high beams on, the high intensity zone
should be vertically centered with the exact center just below the horizontal
line..."

Jimmie

--
Jimmie Mayfield