dang-banged @#^&%$## welding wire

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: dang-banged @#^&%$## welding wire
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:03:31 -0600
dang-banged @#^&%$## welding wire
So I'm starting to hook up my new toy the Millermatic 200

got the gas plumbed -- two welders from on tank...

wiring done and a new Miller M25 torch in place... I remove the nozzle and tip
and feed the wire thru the guides and into the tube... I adjust the tension on
the wire feed motor till it will pull wire smoothly and it feeds thru the tube
toward the torch... after the wire comes out I slide the tip over the wire and
screw it into the torch and reattach the nozzle. try the wire feed again and
the wire jams at the mouth of the torch (the welder end)... dang-bang
@%$$%^&*$ wire   ... take it all apart.. cut out the bad.. pull out the wire
and start over... picture this about a thousand times...

I can't seem to find a setting on the wire tension that will keep this from
happening and I swear it only happens with the tip in place... it's a .035 tip
and .035 wire but the wore feels 'tight' in the tip... it slides but there is
the slightest bit of friction... is that normal... I don't feel it in my
Hobart Handler tip in a Tweco gun... any suggestions.. ???

I will add that this is an old 44# spool of wire ... discolored but I reeled
off the rusty wire... would this make a difference also ???

help oh GMAW gurus !!!!!!

john

like old Ford trucks...???
check out my website at http://jniolon.clubfte.com