Re: Bead Blast question

To: Ray Bahr <rbahr@cisco.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bead Blast question
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 23:53:35 -0700
>I have been trying to clean my rums in a bead blast cabinet I made.
>Question is that all the fine dust/dirt that I am knocking off the rims
>keep clogging up the exhaust filter  causing the visibility to go to zero

  how are you exhausting the stuff out ? is it just a shop vac or are you
just hoping for it to exit the cabinet on its own ?

  I got a small shop vac from kmart to exhaust my bead cabinet at first, it
was not good enough and would eventually cause my visibility to zero, I
finally broke down and purchased a full blown exhaust vac from TP Tools.  I
built my cabinet with their plans.

   A blast cabinet I don't think can work strictly on incoming air pressure
to exhaust the dust, I would have believed it could since I was pumping
large amounts of air into the cabinet and forcing positive pressure.  But I
think it  needs some kind of exhaust system, I only think so because of my
experience with too small a shop vac.

         Mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/