RE: cooling system pressure test

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: cooling system pressure test
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 15:01:18 -0700
> Any sources for an inexpensive one of these?
> My local shop wanted to sell me a Stant setup
> for $100. I figured I could do better online -
> turns out that's the cheapest by far! JC Witless
> and Northern Tool want considerably more...

On my TR3A, I took out the plug where the heater valve goes, and installed a
plumbing tee with a fitting on one side for my vacuum gauge (which reads to
10psi pressure), and a Schrader valve on the other side.  That allowed me to
test all the components in unison, and prove that the cap was not holding
pressure.  After fixing that, I left it pressurized overnight and checked
for leaks the next day.

Randall