Re: GPS receivers?

To: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: GPS receivers?
From: "J. Juhas" <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 13:49:42 -0400
Yeah, I thought about those kinds of objections, but the "pin" could be a disk
about 1" below the surface; think about 2" diameter, 1/8" thick?  Probably less
destructive potentially than a lot of ordinary debris seen at small airports.
And
should provide a solid hit for the metal detector.

But another idea, based on Matt's idea of marking along the edge.  What if the
planners laid out a grid, based on a central straight line that would then be
marked off at appropriate foot marks/points.  Using that as the "x" axis, at the
appropriate points, project off left and right on the "Y" axis using a laser
level
at a precise right angle to the central line.  Portable, repeatable, but I'm
having
trouble envisioning the amount of effort to set it up once established.  It
seems
simple in concept to me, but I'm not sure about execution.

Jim