Oxy Acetylene Torches

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Oxy Acetylene Torches
From: Matt Wehland <mattw@webtripper.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:06:46 -0500
So I'm finally breaking down and getting the blue wrench I always
wanted.  I need to change rear suspension bushings in my mustang, and won't
even try it without a real torch (last time I did bushings I ended up
paying somebody with a torch to do them).

So Harbor Freight has a couple of Oxy Acetylene sets for $120-200.
I check on Ebay and there are mainly two different sets for auction,
One listed as Victor compatible
    ATG NO.12969 Welding Cutting torch outfit. (Victor compatible)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2543301274&category=undefined
  buy it now for $70 w/$16 shipping

  and another set also victor compatible
   http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2544251698&category=11774
buy it now for $90 w/$25

Harbor Freight kits are also Victor compatible and include free shipping.

So does any one have any experience with these sets?
Particularly the cheap ATG set?
This is just for torching stuff and to play with welding some, if I get
serious I will buy a better set in the future and keep the cheap set for a
junkyard set with small bottles.

Any other words of wisdom from the list, besides keeping a fire bottle handy?

Matt