RE: Chev truck steering wheel and horn connection

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Chev truck steering wheel and horn connection
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:36:05 -0700
> This leaves me with a black metal disk attached to the steering
> shaft.  Does
> anyone know how to get this thing off?

Phil, I'm not sure I follow your description, but it sounds at least vaguely
similar to my 89 Dodge Caravan.  On it, to remove the black metal disc, it
has to be pressed towards the dash against a spring, and a clip pried out
from between it and the shaft.  With both thumbs, I can just barely move the
black disc enough to see the clip, but I had to make a simple tool to hold
it down while I removed the clip.  The tool was just some heavy strap, bent
into a squared "U" shape, and drilled to fit over the end of the shaft.  The
steering wheel nut provided the force to hold the disk down while I removed
the clip.

Randall