Furnace problem

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Furnace problem
From: "Mark and Susan Miller" <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 11:45:23 -0800
I need some help that I'm sure this list can provide.  Our furnace won't come
on.  It's a fraser-johnson with a White Rodgers 50A50-241 controller.

The blower will come on if set to 'fan on' via the thermostat.  I verified
that the thermostat is OK (read a closed circuit at the furnace where the
control signals come in, also put jumpers on at the t'stat and then at the
furnace and still no change).  There is a fan that appears to be to boost the
exhaust up the chimney - it comes on.  There is an LED on the controller that
gives three blinks.  I'm guessing a sensor is either telling me something is
wrong or has failed.

Anyone know where I can find a control schematic for this thing?  The
White-Rodgers site has a link to one but it doesn't come up (browser says it
isn't there).

I find the temperature in the house brisk yet pleasant.  My wife wants a quick
repair.

Many thanks,
Mark Miller