More engine hoist questions

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: More engine hoist questions
From: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:32:11 -0500
Ok, this simple tear down of my engine hoist and replacing some seals is
turning out to be a big pain.  I bought this thing at an auction a few years
ago. Its manufactured by "ALLIED" (Tiawan I think):( and is described on the
name plate as a "2 ton Hydraulic Engine/Shop Hoist, Model#EH23. I cant find a
source for parts for the darn thing.  I have taken the plunger to the local hyd
supply guys and they say call the manufacturer.  I have tried to search the
internet to find sone reference to Allied and the best I can come up with is
some hand tool mfg. Anybody have any suggestions?  I am getting to the point
that I might just order some parts from Harbor Freight and see of by chance
they might fit.

Thanks,
Marty