Re: Cleaning old tools

To: Gary Kneisley <mog8@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Cleaning old tools
From: Drew Rogge <drew@pixar.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:44:36 -0800
Gary,

I'd say to divide the tools into two groups; those that you want to keep
and those that you want to sell. For the ones you want to keep clean
them up as best you can with the techniques mentioned by others. For
the ones you want to sell I'd suggest you leave them alone except for
maybe a light oiling. I think you'll find that to the collector a tool
with the correct patina for it's age is worth much more than one that's
been spit polished to look like new.

Drew

--
Drew Rogge