Sawzall v anglegrinder

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Sawzall v anglegrinder
From: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:27:40 +0000
In the past I've used an angle grinder or cutoff saw for cutting bar or
angle. The angle grinder may not be pretty but it gets the job done, and
you can always dress up your mistakes afterwards!  Nowadays I notice more
of the Sawzall type tools appearing (in the UK). These are still fairly
foreign tools to us so I was wondering what they are used for on home
territory.

If you had to cut some 2x<" flat bar or angle which would you use?

Seeing the prices that Sawzalls are offered for over here I'd be glad of
some user info before investing.

Thanks.

Nick