Re: RE: autobody HVLP spray gun recommendations?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE: autobody HVLP spray gun recommendations?
From: <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:27:47 -0500
> "john matthews" wrote:
>
> Try this one.
>
> http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=43430
>
> At $39- you can buy two, one for primer the other for paint.

That's the gun I have and a buddy of mine also has one.
Basically I really like it.  I got mine as an Xmas pres.
a couple of years ago, and they were on sale for $49.
So $39 is GREAT.

As a primer gun using a heavy - high build - polyester
based primer it works fine, but you should have a bigger
hole in the nozzel and a different needle.  However, I've
used to with great success priming my Bricklin.  I've als
shot some color with it.  Again no real complaints.

But this is from a hobbiest hack and not a pro body man.
I guess if you really knew what you were doing and what to
look for, you might see a difference.

As far as parts, at even at the retail price ($69) it's
quite acceptable, and I wouldn't worry about spare parts.
I've sprayed 3 gal of high build primer and 1 gal of
a 2K primer, and about 1 qt. of a thin color.  So I figure
I've gotten my money out of it.

One thing I've noticed is I had very little overspray with
the thicker primers, but got a good bit more with the
thinner color (top) paints.

John